CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

The (Se)x file Part Two

This was June 2004

Skip a few years to when DD is now 6 and 3 months. Background info here - DD has a male friend (K)who she considers very special and was to be staying the night at his house that weekend.

The story:

The girl next door was heading for her seventh birthday and her party must have been a subject for discussion at school. DD comes home and says "Mum, what's sex?" I figure - Ok she's forgotten our earlier discussions and ask "Why do you ask?" DD then tells me how this boy in her class had said to the girl due to have a party that if she invited him they'd have sex. I was pretty taken aback at that but this boy has a brother who is 13 yrs older so I figure he's been eavesdropping or something and most likely has no idea what he's saying (OK that's what I'm hoping so don't disillusion me).



So I tell DD the basics of sex - the bit that it's what two people do to have a baby.

DD - "How do they do that?"

me - "Well the man has to put his penis inside the woman's vagina"

DD - "HOW DO THEY DO THAT !!! ?" (How can a question also be an exclamation - it was tho' I swear it.)

me - "well darling, you're not really old enough for that yet"

DD - So how old do you have to be?"

me - "For what, to know about it or to do it?"

DD - "Well for both"

me - "To know about it, mostl likely you'll know pretty much everything by the time you're 12 or so"

DD - "And to do it?"

Me - (thinking damn she didn't forget) "Well darling, it's not really an age thing, it's when you find that one person you want to share this with, it's a very special and private thing. For some it may be 16, for others 26, or any other age."

DD - (spoken in a very knowing manner) "Well, I've already found the one"

Me - (nearly choking) "Oh, have you darling, and who might that be?"

DD - (Still in that 'knowing; voice) K.

Me - "And when might this be darling?" (Gulp,quick ring K's mother and cancel weekend plans)

DD - (still the same voice) "When I'm 20"

Me - "well that's lovely darling" (I nearly collapsed with relief I tell you)

I dont think I'll cope with the next talk ...

0 comments: