CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Rockiest of horrors

The Rocky Horror show is a classic ! I thought I'd share the story of our night at a live performance of this cinema/theatre classic.

Some years ago there was a version of the show featuring Craig Mclaughlan (sp?) as Dr Frank'n'furter and Red Symons as the Narrator amongst many others. Now I don't remember why we were going out but it was obviously when DH was still willing to be seen with me in public - maybe this was when things changed LOL



Anyway - DH had got us great seats (ahem) front row and centre. Atmosphere in the theatre was great, everyone was ready for a SHOW. The chorus people ran through the audience, touching, being generally overtly oversexed and all that - as they're expected to. Got through that - yep, we're on track for some fun. Play starts, all's good. Red is great as the Narrator, his acerbic wit being put to good use until....

He notices us front and centre. This is not good people... He stops, mid-sentance , walks over to stand in front of us. The entire audience is waiting with baited breath - "what's he going to do?"

"Five bucks for your girlfriend" says Red, DH stands up and reaches for his wallet as Red says "For 10 I'll even teach her to come".

Now if you ever wanted to know how Red got his name I think I can tell you - maybe it's because he loves embarrassing people and making them blush - all tomato red !

So the rest of the show was spent laughing with everyone else but sitting VERY low in our seats so as to avoid further notice. Things got worse though - my dh dh thought it was so funny he should tell my parents about it !!! I did just so NOT want to tell my father that story...

I can laugh now and would go back to see the show happily with the knowledge that if Red Symons ever said that to me again I'd stand up and tell him he didn't manage the first time so why should now be any different LOL. (No he didn't get the chance but it puts him nicely in his place)

0 comments: